6 Best Health Insurance Plans in India 2018
An accident or getting sick isn’t something a person can predict. Yet,unexpected eventualities do occur.Thus, health insurance is one of the essential products you should consider in your to-dolist of every year. But, it is also one of the most intricate insurance products as it comes with various benefits, features, riders etc. So, choosing a health insurance plan is not a child’s play anymore. With dozens of players in the market who offer competitive plans, it is imperative to compare plans before you buy. Hence, this article will throw light on India’s 6 best Health Insurance Plans in the year 2018. Read on to know more.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
Apollo is a joint venture between Apollo Hospitals and Munich Health, who is a pioneer in health insurance. Apollo offers a wide range of products and plans for an individual as well as family. But, Apollo Munich Optima Restore Family plan happens to be the best plan till date. A person can opt this plan for following reasons:
- The entry age for this plan is from 5 years to 65 years.
- One can opt for a sum assured of Rs.3 lakh, Rs. 5 lakh, Rs.10 lakh, Rs.15 lakh, Rs.20 lakh, Rs.25 lakh, or Rs.50 lakh.
- The policy has lifetime renewability option.
- In addition to above, it offers features like Restore Benefits, Organ Donor, and Domiciliary hospitalization.
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
HDFC Ergo is another top insurance company that focuses on providing seamless and hassle-free experience to its customers. It almost has 108 branches across 91 cities with 2000 employees. The best plan from HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Company is HDFC Health Suraksha Plan. The Plan consists of the following benefits:
- It has no minimum entry age, however, maximum could be up to 80 and above.
- One can opt for a sum assured of Rs. 300,000, Rs. 4, 00, 000, Rs.500, 000, Rs.7, 50,000.
- It offers Lifetime renewal.
- With respect to features, it offers Individual & family floater and a comprehensive plan with regain and ECB features.
- Religare Health Insurance Co. Ltd
Religare Health Insurance is also a top insurance company which consists of three entities together. Companies like Religare Enterprise Ltd, Union Bank of India and Corporation Bank are the shareholders of Religare Health Insurance Company. The best plan offered by Religare Health Insurance Company is the Religare Comprehensive Care Plan. It has following things to offer:
- The minimum entry age to opt for this plan is 91 days and there is no bar for maximum age limit.
- You can opt for a plan with sum assured from Rs.300, 000 to Rs. 6 crore.
- It offers lifetime renewal.
- In addition to this, it also offers features like emergency ambulance, domiciliary hospitalization, and organ donor cover.
- Star Health Insurance
Star Health and Allied Insurance started its operations in the year 2006 and solely pays attention on Health Insurance, overseas mediclaim policy, and personal accident. The best plan offered by Star Health Insurance is the Star Comprehensive Insurance.It comprises of the below:
- The minimum entry age to opt for this plan is 3 months and the maximum is 65 years.
- One can choose sum assured from Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 25 lakh.
- It offers lifetime renewal.
- Additionally, it also offers benefits like a personal accident cover, Maternity cover (normal and caesarean) and air ambulance assistance.
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
Bharti AXA is a joint venture between India’s Bharti Enterprises and AXA, which is a renowned global insurance in financial protection. It almost has 59 branch offices across the country and has one of the best health insurance plans to offer. Therefore, Bharti AXA Smart Health Plan & Smart Super Health Plan is one of the best health insurance of its kind. It offers the following:
- The minimum entry age is 18 years and for children,is 91 days (if both the parents are insured)
- The sum assured could start from Rs. 5 lakh and can be extended to 1cr. in a smart super health plan.
- Apart from the above, it also offers 20 critical illness covers, double sum assured for critical illness, and Restoration & maternity benefits as an add-onfor a nominal additional premium in super health plan.
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
Max Bupa Health insurance company is a standalone health insurance company. It is a joint venture between Max India Limited and the UK based Bupa Financial PLC. The USP of opting for Max Bupa Health Insurance is that it almost has 6 decades of experience in Health Insurance industry. The best health insurance plan offered by Max Bupa is Max Bupa Heartbeat Plan (Gold, Platinum & Silver). It offers the following:
- It has no entry age limit.
- One can opt for the sum assured from Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 1 crore.
- It also offers domiciliary hospitalization, maternity benefits, and childcare benefits.
Compare Health Insurance and select the one for you
With a variety of health insurance plans and so many insurance companies to choose from, it could be quite a task to select one for yourself.Each Health insurance company has a number of plans, competitive premium, and similar looking features. Also, most of the top players in the market offer extensive customizable health plans, further leaving you puzzled. However, comparing health insurance online will put all your worries to rest. A broker like Coverfox.com simply makes your buying process smoother by placing all the insurance plans, features, benefits etc.on one platform.Thus, helpingyou to zero in on one.
Best Health Insurance Plans for Family
The best health insurance plan to opt for your family is as follows:
- Oriental Happy Family Floater Plan
- Star Best Health Insurance Plans For Family
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
Thus, there is no dearth of health insurance and their availability of plans,this article will cater to narrowing your choice and help to zero in on one.